Loatheb Preperations

in Tactics Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:12 am
by popeto Officer | 217 Posts

Guys as u already know loatheb is fixed and we can't use hots on anyone (which was the main reason why we managed to progress it before the fix) and if u were listening to TS officers were pretty mad that there were unprepared ppl in the raid. This is the reason why i decided to share with the rest of u my list of items which i use before EVERY loatheb pull.

1) Spam to everyone to get every single stamina buff known to man

2) Pop ur usal mana pots like sages mageblood etc (flask ofc)

3) Pop a scroll of stamina IV (i use also spirit and int scroll but w/e)

4) Pop Elixir of Brute force and Elixir of Fortitude and Major Troll's blood potion (those are the pots u need to farm especially for this boss for example before our first try ever on him i farmed x20 of all the 3 types and now Friday 24/02/2012 i still have x3 of all of them w/o having farmed additional pots that's all the progression raids on him + additional farm kills so it shouldn't be a big problem to obtain some.

5) Pop a shadow resist pot

6) Use rumsey rum chimaerok chops and 1 of the 3 kinds of food buffs for 12stam+12spirit (clammlette surprise tender wolf steak and some sausage shit cba to type the full names)

DURING THE FIGHT:

1) U need to have whipper root tubers (farmed from quest in felwood) which for peenix reasons share cd with shadow prot pots (u can pop tuber and then SR pot but not the opposite) They also don't work when u have the heal cd

2) Officers announce when the next SR pot is to be used (if u are gonna slack on that don't bother using any pots at all cuz u will be dead anyway)

3) Whenever u have cd on SR pot and the tubers u have to bandage urselves (which means u have to either lvl 300 first aid which is mendatory when u join the guild btw or u need rep with AV (i think it was friendly or someth) and u can get bandages from the av quatermaster which are the same as the first aid ones)

If i have missed something feel free to suggest more stuff but with these buffs i am one of the last ppl to die in every loatheb fight

GL with farming all that shit and have fun.

Yours truly: The Pope

Last edited Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:28 am | Scroll up

RE: WHAT TO BRING FOR LOATHEB AS A HEALER (FAKIN READ IT)

in Tactics Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:28 am
by ysabell Officer | 462 Posts

Thank u popeto.

ysabell = eleana

Sic transit gloria mundi.

BIS druid heal gear pre raid

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/33849...id-healing-gear-–-bis-pre-bwl
Scroll up

in Tactics Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:39 am
by Bredana Commander | 464 Posts

thx pope,
Elixir of Brute force and Elixir of Fortitude and Major Troll's blood potion you should farm mats for 100 in less than an hour - ask me for spots if you dont know them.

and, most important:
GUYS IF YOU DONT HAVE THE POTS ASK YOUR FRIENDS/OTHER RAID MEMBER TO HELP YOU OUT - dont be ashamed (as long as its once!)
if not, plz just leave the raid cause it sucks to waste all the consumables if a failure is clear cause 10 ppl arent prepared and will die anyhow (lack of dmg, lack of mt heal)

Scroll up

in Tactics Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:49 am
by Dhimmu Officer | 595 Posts

Great job, Popeto!

There is alot of stuff needed for Loatheb, that isnt needed for "normal" boss fights. The list above is a what we expect for you to bring along for sunday.

We could also go to Mulgore on sunday to get the DMF buff, that will make it alot more simple as well.

"Beardy men is awesome" -Peakaboo 22:05 Monday 17/10/2011

Blackadder: George, the British Empire at present covers a quarter of the globe, while the German Empire consist of a small sausage factory in Tanganyika
Scroll up

in Tactics Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:11 pm
by Nuklearka Commander | 505 Posts

Yea nice 1 Popeto . Point is that u need to reach 5k+ hp . Doesn't matter what u will use just get that number ! :P Ofc without flask of titans cuz u will need to dps when u get feckin debuff .

Last edited Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:24 pm | Scroll up

in Tactics Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:59 pm
by Murderion Sergeant Major | 56 Posts

Just a hint: Elixir of fortitude is ment only for spellpower,distilled wisdom users.It removes titans so no melee should EVER use it.

If you can't roll with the big dogs, go hang out with the pugs

Scroll up

in Tactics Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:04 pm
by Nightdancer Class Leader | 124 Posts

WTS Elixir of fortitude x15 very cheap very gud ok

Scroll up

in Tactics Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:54 pm
by Xelthion Sergeant Major | 93 Posts

Normal method:

1st inevitable doom hits at 2:10 ------ new SR pot
2nd inevitable doom hits at 2:40 ----- do nothing
3rd inevitable doom hits at 3:10 ------ you'll have about max HP -1k use bandage
4th inevitable doom hits at 3:40 ------ you'll have about max HP -2.5k use a whipper root
5th inevitable doom hits at 4:10 ------ you'll have about max HP -4k use a bandage + new SR pot
6th inevitable doom hits at 4:40 ------ do nothing (max HP -2k)
7th inevitable doom hits at 5:10 ------ you'll have about max HP -3k use a bandage
8th inevitable doom hits at 5:25 ------ you'll have about max HP -4.5k can't use anything
9th inevitable doom hits at 5:40 ------ you should be dead now

Last raid, what I found best to do is:

1st inevitable doom hits at 2:10 ------ do nothing
2nd inevitable doom hits at 2:40 ----- you'll have about max HP -1k, use bandage + new SR pot
3rd inevitable doom hits at 3:10 ------ do nothing
4th inevitable doom hits at 3:40 ------ you'll have about max HP -1k use a health stone
5th inevitable doom hits at 4:10 ------ you'll have about max hp -2.5k use bandage
6th inevitable doom hits at 4:40 ------ new SR pot
7th inevitable doom hits at 5:10 ------ do nothing
8th inevitable doom hits at 5:25 ------ you'll have about max HP -1k use bandage
9th inevitable doom hits at 5:40 ------ you'll have about max hp -2.5k use healthstone
10th!! inevitable doom hits at 5:55 ---- you'll have about max hp -5k, can't use anything
11th!! inevitable doom hits at 6:10 --- you should be dead now

2nd method lets you get 30! seconds more to dps the boss. If you get 2 healthstones (max rank and lower rank), though I don't know if they also have a failCD with SR pot. (otherwise this wouldn't work and you'd be dead at 5:40 too..)
Thus if we calculate 7m damage over ~6 minutes we should still be doing around 19.5k dps to be sure to kill it.

Dampen magic (with magic attunement specced) will reduce magic damage taken by the whole raid by 135!

Last edited Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:26 pm | Scroll up

in Tactics Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:07 pm
by crotchrot Commander | 799 Posts

lol well we have 20k raid dps on patchwerk with 5min30kill and thats without spore buff :PP

Think I should tank the boss in the middle and face away from the spore location, that way melee/ranged can move less; ill show you an example

http://i.imgur.com/WGvxS.jpg

Reason for this is that tanking the boss at entrance means melee have to run alot further out and thus we lose dps. If we have boss in middle, tank can face the direction of spore, so all melee need to do is turn around and run behind, and range can position themselves to spawn to the side of the spore location and move when required.

Am i complicating things too much or?

Last edited Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:17 pm | Scroll up

in Tactics Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:34 pm

That looks good crotch, though a minor change you might want to add would be to place healers at the entrance.
Spores also give the Corrupted mind (1 min no heals) debuff and last time they were killed too close to the healers too often. Better be safe.
Range dps position is great if the spore spawnpoint is west, when it's east we just stand on the opposite side, but where should we stand if the spores spawn in the north? (entrance pov)

Last edited Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:34 pm | Scroll up

in Tactics Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:57 pm

If they spawn north, ranged can stand in like 11 o'clock or 1 o'clock spot.

Scroll up

in Tactics Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:40 pm

+blasted lands buff
+lightwell

Last edited Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:52 pm | Scroll up

in Tactics Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:59 pm
by Kredrakk Sergeant | 41 Posts

maybe a little help

Scroll up

in Tactics Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 am
by Bredana Commander | 464 Posts

no xel, hs and shadow pot dont share a cd.
@ crotch: why cant rdps kuddle with melees?

Scroll up

in Tactics Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Loatheb has a 5yd aoe aura doing ~196 damage every 6 sec.

Last night, I also popped a magic resistance potion, about 30 seconds in fight. This means it will have effect on the first 3 ticks of inevitable doom and I can pop a new SR pot after the second inevitable doom at 2:40 (they share a 2min CD). The first shadow protection potion I used almost fully absorbed 2 inevitable dooms! (only 200 damage done to me on the second)

Last edited Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:45 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Verox
Board Statistics
The forum has 2250 topics and 14944 posts.

0 members have been online today:

Visitor record: 67 users on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:24 am..

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen